Kids love this dish! Make it your own by adding cheese and your favorite garnishes.
– 1 pound chicken breast
– 1 onion
– 1 green pepper
– 1 red pepper
– 2 Potatoes
– 3 cloves of garlic
– 1 can of tomato sauce
½ cup of chicken broth
– 1/3 cup lemon juice
– 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1 bunch asparagus
– 2 bay leaves
– ¼ cup golden raisins
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– Fresh cilantro leaves (garnish)
– 2 tablespoons green olives (optional)
– 6-8 corn tortillas
– Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, peppers, and garlic, and sauté until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
– Add the chicken cut in small squares and stir-fry for another 5 to 10 minutes, until the chicken has cooked through.
– Add the tomato sauce, chicken broth, lemon juice, cumin, bay leaves, potatoes, asparagus and raisins.
– Cover the pan and reduce the heat. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is
– Before serving remove the bay leaves and garnish with fresh cilantro and olives.
– Enjoy with corn tortillas, you can even create your own Chickadillo tacos!
One Skillet Mexican Quinoa:
The perfect meal for when you want to wash as few dishes as possible!
– 3 tablespoon olive oil
– 3 cloves of garlic
– 1 can black beans
– 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
– 1 cup yellow corn
– 1 cup quinoa
– 1 cups water
– 1 onion
– 2 teaspoons chili powder
– 2 teaspoons cumin
– Salt and black pepper to taste
– 1 lime
– Avocado (optional garnish)
– Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onions and garlic in hot oil until fragrant, about 1 minute.
– Stir black beans, tomatoes, yellow corn, quinoa, and water into a skillet, season with chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper.
– Bring to a boil, cover the skillet with a lid, reduce heat to low, and simmer until
quinoa is tender and liquid is mostly absorbed, about 20 minutes.
– Stir lime juice and cilantro into quinoa until combined.
Sopa de Fideo:
It seems like everyone has their own take on this classic soup, so here’s Tierra
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
– 1 tbsp. of oil (optional)
– 8 oz. of fideo pasta (if you don’t have fideo noodles you can use another pasta like in the video or break spaghetti noodles into 1-inch pieces)
– 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes or 2 cups of fresh tomatoes
– 1/2 onion, white, chopped
– 3-6 garlic cloves, peeled
– 8 cups chicken broth
– 1 small handful of cilantro (optional)
– 1 lime, cut into quarters for serving
– Salt & pepper to taste
– Set a large pan to medium heat and add oil. Once the oil is hot add noodles and toss to coat in oil.
– Continue to cook until noodles are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
– Next, blend tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro, and 1 cup of chicken broth until smooth.
– Strain the tomato mixture into a medium saucepan, add the remaining chicken broth,
and bring to a boil.
– Add your browned noodles and cook until tender.
– Serve with a wedge of lime.
– For this version, I used canned tomatoes because tomatoes are not in season right now. If it’s summer I recommend you use fresh tomatoes.
– You can customize this dish by adding vegetables, beans, chilis, chicken, sour cream, cheese, or whatever to increase (or decrease) nutritional value!
– You can make this soup vegan by substituting chicken broth for vegetable broth.
– To make this recipe without oil set the pot to medium-low heat and add the noodles. Dry toast the noodles until golden brown.