Waking up in New York City, an energy surge runs through you. Ready to go, dressed to impress, and eager to discover what the city has in store. While NYC may be iconic due to its monuments, Times Square, and parks, it is also glittered with dining options with boasting drink menus. A stunning architecture display, and instagramable drink, and good conversation.; When traveling to the City of Dreams, who better to sip and share, than with girlfriends?
Here are 6 hot spots in NYC to check out with your gal pals:
- While We Were Young- this cozy spot in Greenwich Village will, without a doubt, turn your head when walking by. Maybe it’s the soft pink velvet couches, the roses at every marble table, the neon sign, or the adorable display of cocktail ingredients. Or maybe it’s everything.
- One Hotel (Brooklyn)- this tropical-vibe hotel has its own unique scent that instantly make you feel posh. The consistent decor throughout the building of white and white linen, greenery and wood set the perfect Miami vibe for a girls night out. Chat about the day’s events in the lobby where there is a quaint bar setup, or take your party upstairs to the rooftop where the sky opens up around the views of both Manhattan and the Brooklyn Bridge.
- The Standard Hotel Biergarten Garden – Located on the street level of the Standard Hotel in the Meatpacking district, this is an indoor/outdoor spot that is always a good time. With two outside bars with German beers on tap, ping pong tables and picnic benches, it is a low-key environment great for socializing and meeting new people. Finish off your night by going up to the Standard rooftop bar (open year-round) Le Bain, to watch the sunset over the city and the High Line Park with a classic cocktail in hand.
- NoMo Kitchen- This stunning restaurant is one that will make you wish you could move in. A glass covered roof allowing natural light to come through the chandeliers hung, makes for a cheerful and classy environment. It is spacious and open, inviting you to take your time and stay for a while.
- Mr. Purple- A cocktail lounge in the Indigo hotel, the space feels like you have joined an exclusive and cool party, with dim lighting, held in the study of a someone’s pristine home. Also offering an outdoor deck, there is plenty of room to enjoy drinks by the pool, or all around the double bar set-up.
The Osprey Recipe and Preparation – served at 1 hotel
- .5oz Fresh squeezed Lemon juice
- .25oz Simple syrup
- .5oz Lime Stock
- 1oz Nopal Water (cactus water)
- .5oz Chinola Passionfruit liqueur
- 2oz Housemade Pea Flower infused Vodka
Shake. Double Strain. Serve up in a Burgundy Glass with a lavender flower garnish.
- Lime Stock: (made ahead of time, kept in the fridge)
- 1 Quart lime juice
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 1 cup of demerara sugar
Stir until dissolved. Let sit for 24 hours then strain.
The Elizabeth Windsor served at Nomo Kitchen
Inspiration: Better known as Queen Elizabeth II, Elizabeth Windsor is the beloved monarch of the United Kingdom. She ascended to the throne in 1952 and is synonymous with the Royal family. The cocktail incorporates Hendrick’s Gin, crafted by Master Distiller Lesley Gracie.
1.5 oz Strawberry Sous Vide Hendrick’s Gin
.75 oz Manzanilla Sherry
.5 oz Cocchi Americano Rosa
1 dash rhubarb bitters
Instructions: Add ingredients to a mixing glass with ice. Stir, strain and serve up in a shaved cucumber-wrapped coupe. Express a lemon twist and spray with atomized rose water to garnish.